Our reinforced edging is applied by thermal-sealing the edge material into the wire cloth. The screen may be stretched tighter, under greater tension. This results in more production, less blinding and less screen failure.
When ordering edges, be sure to advise if USFDA acceptable edges are required. The illustrated edge types are excellent in applications where unraveling of outer edges of wire cloth is prevalent and edges need to be reinforced. Other types of edges are available on request.
We have placed emphasis on edging relating to wire cloth. However, there are many applications in which perforated metals are used. These applications are outlined in our Perforated Materials catalog.
HOW TO ORDER BONDED EDGE SCREENS
- SPECIFIC MAKE OF MACHINE — Model Number and size.
- QUANTITY— Number of pieces
- SIZE — Overall dimensions of screen.
- OPENING OR MESH:
- Square Opening – Specific fractional or decimal space required.
- Slotted Opening – Specify fractional or decimal space required in both opening is parallel to.
- Mesh. – Specify number of openings of an inch or U.S.S. steel gauge for steel, stainless or aluminum.
- WIRE OR GAUGE — In decimals of an inch or U.S.S. steel gauge for steel, stainless or aluminum, (whichever applies).
- TYPE OF MATERIAL — Specify type of material: Plain Steel, Stainless, Aluminum, Brass, Galvanized, etc.
- EDGE PREPARATION — Canvas, plastic, etc.
Grommets: Please specify material, shape, size and arrangement of grommets.
- TOLERANCE — If your application requires specific tolerances for width, length, squareness or similar specifications it is important to specify while ordering.
- FURTHER FABRICATION — Rolling, forming, shearing, welding, brazing and similar fabrications are available at the factory.
- REPEAT ORDERS — When a previous order is to be duplicated, please give the invoice number, p.o. number and date of the original order.